Established in 2003, Ascham Homes manages 12,400 properties for the London Borough of Waltham Forest. Breyer Group were appointed as one of two Strategic Service Providers under a PPC2000 contract to carry out the design and refurbishment works to occupied residential estate based blocks and scattered street properties across the London Borough of Waltham Forest in North East London.
Scope of Works
Major Decent Homes refurbishment contract comprising external and internal works including :-
Externals – repairs and replacement of windows and doors; renewal of fascias, soffits, cladding and rainwater goods; flat and pitched roofing repairs and renewals; external and cyclical redecorations. Internals – kitchen and bathroom refurbishment and replacement; electrical upgrades; boiler replacements; redecorations.
- To deliver a high quality, best value service whilst ensuring the community benefits from Ascham’s investment
- To work closely with Ascham in identifying the best possible options designed to maximise their budget
- To undertake extensive stock condition assessments and develop in-depth value engineering and cost analysis to ensure we achieve the highest outputs from the lowest outlay
- The provision of community investment through both the resident liaison and community team, in the delivery of a range of local community led initiatives
- Provide the maximum possible notification
in advance of the works to assist in the management of resident and leaseholder expectations resulting in higher levels of satisfaction
- Early interrogation of the specification and evaluation of alternatives identified savings of 6% in the first year for the Client and their Leaseholders
- Continuing involvement from Customer Focus Groups to deliver a holistic approach to every aspect of service delivery, from communication with Customers, Core Group Agendas, Defects Resolution and After Care. Our Business Process Manager continues to lead this initiative using Visio Process Mapping to streamline each process and to design out wasteful, duplicative and costly tasks. This information is fed into our Ascham Homes Collaborative Procedures Manual ‘Partnering Processes and Functions’ which has enabled us to update this to Version 10 following 4 years of successive, collaborative development and improvement.
- 94% of site waste recycled through Best Practice Waste Management
- Local residents employed as dedicated Resident Liaison Officers able to offer translation services to Residents within their own homes
- A genuine understanding of our Client’s issues, challenges and objectives
- A desire and aspiration to adopt a leading edge approach and best practice
- Significant flexibility in the way the Service is managed and delivered
- A real commitment to working in partnership with and for the benefit of all residents and stakeholders
- An ability to bring genuine and properly evidenced added value to our Client by delivering both ‘cashable’ and ‘non-cashable’ efficiency savings and benefits
- The completion of properties in the shortest time through the development of 5 star ‘best fit’ profile of work
- The integration of void properties into the master programme, thus assisting the letting team in achieving a fast property turnaround
- The facilitation of early design and approval processes that result in greater programme efficiencies, ie. full kitchen and bathroom installations and 160 surveys undertaken in 4 weeks
- The successful application of community related events and initiatives that saw the introduction of work related learning for local schools, community fun days, apprenticeships and local business enterprise
- Breyer Group commit fully with Ascham Homes to support people finding work through the ‘Get Britain Working’ initiative, which helps people within the communities we serve to find employment and provides a number of work placement opportunities as a first step towards this. We have so far provided two recent placements from Waltham Forest, brought into Breyer Group as administrators on the Ascham contract and who have proved a tremendous addition to the team.